Book Trailer Contest
Deadline extended to March 15th! Submit videos here: Book Trailer Entry Form
All Missouri students are invited to participate in this year’s Readers Award Book Trailer Contest! Students may create a book trailer for any of the final nominees for the 2019-20 Mark Twain, Truman, or Gateway Readers Award. Final nominees are found here: Final Nominees
Full guidelines are included below and are included in this document: MASL Readers Awards Book Trailer Contest Guidelines
- Book trailer must represent a Mark Twain, Truman, or Gateway nominee for the 2019 – 2020 school year.
- Entries must be original work completed by students.
- Book title and author must be present in the trailer.
- Book trailers may not be longer than 1 minute 30 seconds (1 minute length is preferred).
- Book trailer should include the book’s cover (please use an original photograph of the book’s cover).
- All used images that are not self created must be copyright free/creative commons/royalty free, etc. and proper citation of the image source must be appropriately cited and clearly visible at the end of the book trailer.
- All used music that is not self created must be in the public domain (http://search.creativecommons.org/ may be a good place to start). Music that comes with a movie-making program such as iMovie, Photo Story, or Windows Live Movie Maker may be used. The end credits must include where music originated and the reason it is free to use (example: Song A performed by Band B was sourced from the free music in Photo Story).
- Use of copyrighted materials without documented approval from copyright holder will cause disqualification. This contest does not fall under educational fair use exemptions.
- Each student participating in the contest must submit this signed release form: Book Trailer Release Form. All submitted trailers become the property of MASL. The release forms should be uploaded into your Google Drive and shared via link onto the Google Form: Book Trailer Entry Form
- Videos are scored using a Scoring Rubric
- Failure to follow these guidelines in full will result in disqualification.
For more information, please contact the Book Trailer Contest Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please show these video to students interested in participating! These videos cover basic guidelines of the contest as well as assist in promoting the contest. As well, we’ve included a helpful video covering appropriate image citation in your videos.
Introduction to the Contest
Citing Images in Your Videos
Please use the following Google Form to submit your Book Trailer videos for entry into the contest: Book Trailer Entry Form Please submit ONE video at a time. You may view the following screencast to see a walkthrough of the video submission process:
Video Creation Tools
The following is a listing of tools that may be helpful to students, librarians, and teachers interested in participating in the Book Trailer Contest. Any of the following may be used to create book trailers; some are online tools and others may require installation on a Mac and/or PC.
If you have any video tools you would like to share, please email the Book Trailer Contest Coordinator at email@example.com and they will be added to the list!