Who can join?
Membership within the association is open to any individual or corporation interested in promoting the purposes of the Association.
Your membership provides you with:
- Contact with over 1,000 school library media specialists via the membership directory and website.
- Opportunities for professional growth through contact with national leaders, workshop presenters, and colleagues at regional meetings and MASL Conferences.
- Subscriptions to the MASL Online Newsletter Connections.
- Intellectual freedom/censorship support and advice.
- Reduced registration fees at MASL conferences.
- Voting privileges in MASL elections.
- Opportunities to serve on MASL committees and task forces.
- Legislation and DESE reports.
- Discounts on Missouri Readers Award Merchandise purchases.
MASL Membership Rates and Categories
- First Time Member: $55.00
- First Time Student Member: $35.00
- Retired: $40.00
- Renewing Student Member: $45.00
- Early Bird Renewing Member (prior to October 1): $70.00
- Renewing Member (after October 1): $80.00
- Retiree Lifetime Member: $100.00
- Past President/Lifetime Member: Complimentary
Membership Year and Renewals
Membership for every MASL member matches the fiscal year.
****All MASL memberships begin July 1 and expire June 30 of the following year, regardless of the renewal date.****
Note: membership renewals processed at Spring Conference, either online or by paper application, expire June 30 of the following year.
How do I join?
To renew your membership or become a first-time MASL member, please either complete the online registration form or download a printable MASL Membership Application and mail it with payment to P.O. Box 2107, Jefferson City, MO 65102.
Support A Member
MASL has set up a specific fund that allows current members and others to make a monetary donation which will be used to financially support the membership(s) of other librarians. If interested in contributing, please visit the secure donation page linked below.
Is my membership payment tax-deductible?
Payments to MO Association of School Librarians are not deductible as charitable contributions for income tax purposes. They may, however, be deductible as ordinary and necessary business expenditures to the extent such payments are not used for lobbying expenditures. MO Association of School Librarians estimates that 5% of your dues are nondeductible expenditures attributable to lobbying activities.