Show Me Award
About the Show Me Readers Award
The Winner of the annual Show Me Readers Award is selected by students in grades one through three.
The purpose of the Show Me Readers Award is to promote literature, literacy, and reading in Missouri elementary schools for grades one through three and to promote recognition of authors and illustrators of books that are favorites of Missouri children in these grades.
Criteria for Show Me nominees is as follows:
- Books should be published two years prior to nomination on a Master List of nominees
- Published in the US, with the author and illustrator living in the United States
- Picture book, easy to read aloud with strong literary value
- Interest and appeal to children 6 to 10 years old in grades one to three
Complete listing of the current Show Me Committee members.
Winners and Nominees
- Show Me Activity Packet
- Show Me Grant Application
Complete the grant application for the opportunity to be awarded a full set of this year’s nominated titles.
- MASL Online Store
Purchase Show Me logo-ed reading incentive items to promote the nominated titles.