School Librarian of the Year
To submit an application, please submit here: School Librarian of the Year Application
- Applicants must be a current MASL member and a certified Missouri School Librarian currently working in a public or private school library setting with three or more years of service. Supervisors or managers of library programs (including at a district or regional level) are not eligible.
- Narrative of up to two pages including information about and the accomplishments of the nominee; information should include but is not limited to:
- Student demographics
- Library staffing
- Description of the library services
- Size and makeup of the library media center
- Budget information
- Description of the community served
- Two (2) letters of recommendation
- Additional items are encouraged but will be considered supplementary (ie. photographs, links etc.).
- All applicants are highly encouraged to submit their application to School Library Journal.
- Each region will be given a rubric to use for the judging process.
- One winner from each region (11) will go on to be judged for MASL librarian of the year by MASL Scholarships, Grants and Recognition Committee (SGR).
- SGR will pick four finalists using a rubric. Those four finalists will move forward to the MASL Executive Council (EC) for final judging at their mid-winter meeting.
- SGR members and regional directors may apply but must abstain from the judging process. Current MASL Executive Council members are ineligible to receive this award.
- MASL School Librarian of the Year Scoring Guide
- Recipients of the MASL School Librarian of the Year award may only receive this honor once.
- November 1 – Applications due to regions
- December 15 – Regions submit one librarian to SGR for final evaluations
- January 31 – SGR will submit four finalists to EC
- February – EC will pick the librarian of the year to be announced at Spring Conference