The deadline for submitting scholarship applications is December 15. Click here to apply. Only online applications are accepted.
Scholarship awards support individuals pursuing a master’s degree in library science, school library media specialist certification, or school library media specialist certification concurrent with a master’s degree in a Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education (DESE) approved program.
- Scholarship funds will be paid directly to the college or university in which the recipient(s) is enrolled.
- Recipient(s) must provide official transcripts and confirmation of enrollment before funds will be disbursed.
- When a selected recipient is found to not meet the stated criteria, or fails to forward required documentation to the MASL office, the selected recipient will forfeit the scholarship. The Awards Committee may then choose an alternate recipient.
- Recipient(s) must provide official transcripts to the Awards Chair at the end of the semester(s) for which the scholarship is awarded to verify course completion.
General Eligibility Criteria
- Must be a current Missouri resident or currently employed in a Missouri school.
- Must have completed a minimum of one semester or six credit hours leading to certification as a K-12 library media specialist in a Department of Elementary and Secondary (DESE) accredited graduate certification program.
- Must have a minimum letter grade of B in all LMS required certification courses taken.
- Must be a current member of the Missouri Association of School Librarians (MASL).
- Must have not received a MASL scholarship during the previous MASL fiscal year.
- Please provide all required information on the online application form, found at the link above.
- Submit the application electronically no later than close of business December 15 (5:00 p.m., CT).
Nominations are due by December 15