MASL Service Award for School Administrators
- Type the background and application narrative using the appropriate space needed.
- Include two supporting letters of reference of no more than one page each in length. The nominating letters may not be from the nominating librarian.
- Submit the completed background and application narrative via the MASL website or send to MASL office. Must be postmarked no later than December 15 via website, fax, or postal service.
- If members of the Awards Committee wish to conduct an on-site visit with the nominee, an appointment will be made prior to the visit.
- Name of nominee, title, official name of school district, name of school, school address and phone number
- MASL member nominating the administrator, position, address, school phone, home phone, email address, and fax number.
Section 1 – Biographical Data
Describe the nominee’s experience as an educator. (1/2 page)
Section 2 – Library Philosophy (20 points)
Give the administrator’s personal statement of library philosophy. This
may come from a variety of sources, including a personal statement,
written school policy, published articles, public speeches, or school board
minutes. (1/2 page)
Section 3 – Sustained Effort (20 points)
Describe how the nominee has demonstrated a sustained effort in support
of school library media services including future plans and support of
innovative programs. (1/2 page)
Section 4 – Public Relations (20 points)
Describe how the nominee interprets and communicates the school library
media program to staff, students, and the community. (1/2 page)
Section 5 – Statement of Nominee’s Contribution (40 points)
Describe the nominee’s leadership role in instituting library media policies and practices which have resulted in improvement of curriculum and classroom instruction. (1 page)
Click here of a list of past award winners.